Summary/ Response #10

When I first started this class, I didn’t really know much about writing essays that gave people the option of having another perspective other than mines. I always spoke about my side of the argument and I never spoke about what other people might think. As I read these books I realized that the most important thing about writing is to give people different options of what they want to think and involving a counterclaim in your essay because this way readers would see that you do care about them and their opinion. Another thing that changed in my writing was using the word I, these books taught me that using the word I isn’t that strong in an essay and that using quotes from other people is a great thing to support your writing. My way of thinking as a writer has changed because before I write something now I think about adding my perspective and also adding another person’s perspective. With these books, I was able to realize that a writer has way more to talk about than they think in their work.